LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
I guess I was somewhat luckier - my world clock temperature read -11 at 5AM. It's 8:25 right now and we're all the way up to -6
It's supposed to warm up this afternoon to around +14

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Roger, with that beard you should be good to -20. Just in case, have 2 -3 cups of jo . We're having a heat wave right now at 3 degrees.
Stay warm buddy.

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Wow! -15.2 !

Maybe this will warm you up Roger. Just south of Jacksonville FL, 10 miles from the Atlantic.
This thermometer is near the our patio slider so I would say the true temp was a few degrees lower than this but nothing like what you are experiencing Roger.

Temperature Measuring instrument Gas Display device Electronic device

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
-15 in Kentucky. That's unusual, is it?
It's not Spring in Ireland yet but we're getting there. Daffodils nearly out. That's always a good sign.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Here's me last Saturday. We have gotten much more since then. Part of winter in Nova Scotia! :)

Snow Freezing Wood Jacket Geological phenomenon

Sheila

Attachments

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Good morning Roger
+34F at the moment yesterday it was +50f and we sat on the patio enjoying the bright warm day .
Not normal for us here but we will take it .
Turn up thr heat and enjoy your shop time !

Klaus

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Roger,

We had a warm spell so for today a 6F. The claim is we have had over 90 inches of snow in the last few weeks, but I only see 72 inches. Deer are walking the streets as they can't get through the fields or woods. All I can say is thanks for not being heavy wet snow.

Paul

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
What I think is amazing about this is you have exactly the same clock that i do.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Well, at least you're making me feel better. But, hold on, this weekend could be a hum dinger! Hope you have plenty of fire wood and that generator working. Just remember, "a country boy can survive"!

·
Registered
822 Posts
This is us in UTAH today. We have broken records the other way by being in the 60's at times this winter. I think you have gotten our cold weather this year. But we did have a white Christmas. Last time was 2006.

Better warm up your ice-cream so you can eat it!

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Don,
I see Ice Dam's! Any water dripping down the wall's ? When we lived up north (NE) we had water dripping out of our kitchen light in weather like that. I can't imagine the damage that is going on throughout the country at this time.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Tony, those are not ice dams (or ice darns if you please) That's just stacked up snow. We have no leaks.
Tomorrow we have people coming to remove all that snow, adding to the enormous piles we already have on the ground.

Don

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Don, Happy to here your not having problems with leaks of roof's collapsing. It's good to keep up with clearing the roof. Some many have collapsed in the north east. Many of my relatives in New England are struggling in this weather. And more coming in the form of Ice and rain.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.