LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've seen kits where lathe chisels are available without handles so the user can turn their own handles. I would like to find a set of bench chisels that are available without handles so that I can make my own. I actually once purchased a cheap set of chisels with plastic handles and cut off the plastic an made wooden replacements, just to see if I could. Does anyone know of a company that might offer a chisel set available without handles?

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
I picked up a catalog from Craft Supplies USA. There were at the Woodworking show in Baltimore this weekend.

They have unhandled lathe tools. You might check their web

www.woodturnerscatalog.com

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have several catalogs that offer unhandled lathe chisels. What I would really like to find is a set of socket type bench chisels that I could turn my own handles. Anybody know of someone that makes a set of these?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Interesting, most tool company used to (long ago) offer chisels without handles so the craftsman could make his own. You should call a few company's and ask if they will sell you chisels that way, it's just a matter of someone at the company grabbing a set before the handles are pressed on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.