LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the window

the stained glass shop down-the-street commissioned me to make a couple hundred dollar frame.
... the only stipulation for the frame is it is to-be-in-the Art and Crafts Style … wood, design and finish, will all be mine … the buyer doesn't want to see it, until it is delivered

http://www.beauverre.net/

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
the window

the stained glass shop down-the-street commissioned me to make a couple hundred dollar frame.
... the only stipulation for the frame is it is to-be-in-the Art and Crafts Style … wood, design and finish, will all be mine … the buyer doesn't want to see it, until it is delivered

Dan, that sounds like a dream commission. You have control over the project and get complete artistic freedom.

·
In Loving Memory
10,667 Posts
the window

Wow Dan, Remarkable, and Beautiful. Such a wonderful Talent. I don't care what you call it, it's gorgeous. That is quite a commission, with an art gallery, what an honor.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
the window

definitely a dream commission. I would love to get a commission where I'm free to do the design. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the window

Thinking on the next in this series I'll pitch some design sketches … see if I get some feed back. Got two ideas worked up, but want to try a couple more.

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
the window

A great looking framing job Dan. Nice looking frame.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
the window

i like that piece…your frame will make it much nicer…

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
five frame designs for the stained glass window

Frame and window will be a display piece… next to about a dozen others.hung by chains in the gallery window & will be seen from both sides. Frame will be made of Honduran mahogany with same finish as the Greene and Greene blog frame as well as having ebony details
let me know which one is best
Regards
DAN

added TWO more

·
Registered
33 Posts

Frame and window will be a display piece… next to about a dozen others.hung by chains in the gallery window & will be seen from both sides. Frame will be made of Honduran mahogany with same finish as the Greene and Greene blog frame as well as having ebony details
Regards
DAN

added TWO more

I like number 2

·
Registered
13,760 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

tu-tu

·
Registered
3,191 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

Put me down for the second one too, Dan…

·
Registered
118,619 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

#2 or #4 are both great .

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

Last one for me.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

I like all of the above, based upon what might be displayed.

·
Registered
35,383 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

The picture to me looks like an American Outdoor scene. The 1 and 2 seem more Japanise to me. I go for 3, and 5 ans my next choice.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

I like #5 best.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

thanks guys …added two more to choose from

·
Registered
27,252 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

Dan, I would have to go for #3. To me that one is an Arts and Crafts style frame. The others look Asian to me.

·
Registered
6,900 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

#2 is my favorite but #5 looks like an interesting option - I like the extra details in it. Even though I like #2 better, I would be more interested in seeing what you can do with #5. Never mind - I like #5…

·
Registered
448 Posts

Regards
DAN

added TWO more

I like number 2 and 3. Number 3 looks the most "Greene & Greene" to me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.