LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
So after playing around with the hollower for a couple days, it seemed to be binding in one direction. Seems that the bolts in the riser tube was pushing the swivel bolt to an angle. I tried using wood shims and that didn't seem to help either. I rethought it and this is what I ended up with. I cut the riser tube off plate, drilled hole, welded a bolt in and threaded a 1/2" drill chuck onto it. Now it's level and made all the difference in the world, smooth as glass now. Got in the Sorby Turnmaster and installed it and I think I'm going to like it as well. AZ carbide has a short video of how to modify it to accept the 30degree round cutter so I've got one of those coming too.
Just thought I'd share this so it might help give others, who want to build one, options and ideas.
I do have the hole drilled for 1/2"rod for laser set up. I'll be working on that next.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.