LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
A funny thing happen to me on the way to my computer. I turned on my computer and do as I usually do ,Check e mails ,PMs for the good LJ crew. new projects, all A OK ,Hey whats this a e mail from Charles Neil
(Were in touch when we can) and what's this title all about. "UP FOR A CHALLANGE" I open it like I always do like a kid getting a present(can you tell I'm a Charles Neil fan") many times it's a e mail forward or an answer to a question. This time Charles says" how about building a Lowboy in the next website along with me I'll send the the material" I wipe my eyes and read it again, I drink a couple cups of coffee , IT STILL SAYS THE SAME THING. Who am I to be so lucky? And why me, Is it that I'm so handsome NO WAY . I just don't Know OK I know Charles and Sherri just like doing nice things for people. OK it's time to respond Wait a minuet is this David or Larry playing a joke on me ? NO NO. OK I e mail Charles back and say it would be a privilege to do a build along, still thinking he's going to say what are you talking about, but he e mails back and says good and latter asking what equipment I have and finally he gives me a call ,This is a great thing to me. After having the pleasure of talking with Charles and (His director) Sherri his wife. They will be sending some very wide mahogany and other information for the build. WOW.
OK folks I'm not new to woodworking but have not built things at the level Charles does so this will be a challenge. If your not familiar with Charles Neil or has subscription webisode it has been great building a very nice corner cabinet. Who's watching ? I guess more and more folks. Why ? because he speaks to woodworkers of all levels and gives great tips.short cuts"cheating as he calls it" and enables even Neb's to make amazing pieces of furniture. Like John on his forum who has building along on the almost completed corner shelf that looks amazing. If you want to build great furniture you might want to sign up before the next project starts a Mahogany lowboy. Charles also has a free newsletter you can sign up for. So the answer to the question ARE YOU UP FOR A CHALLANGE ? Is yes with Charles help.
http://mw.charlesneilwoodworking.com/ or the news letter http://charlesneilwoodworking.com/newsletters.php

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
well arent you the cats meow…what a story…how luck is that…well i dont think luck…your the man jim..this is wonderful and im sure your like wow…is this a dream…well i wish you the best and cant wait to see the end results..so is this for his show..or what is the build for…yippie….im excited for you…grizzman

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
this is great , jim .

this will be like going into a phone booth
with clark kent ,

and coming out with superman !

just remember ,
we can all see what goes on ,
in those glass phone booths (LOL) !

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Great news, Jim…...Hope you still got the big drum sander… you'll need it. You better buy back all of them that you sold…lol. Have a good ride…...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow! What a great opportunity. It's always fun to try something new. I look forward to seeing your project build.

·
Registered
17,103 Posts
Wonderful Jim! it couldn't happen to a nicer guy! I hope we will be able to follow with. I followed your earlier advice and subscribed to Neil's newsletter, so please keep us informed about when we can see your project. I would wish you luck with it, but I know you have the skills, so it will be fun to just see the result.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
Wow, I can well understand your excitement, Jim. This is a wonderful opportunity and it will be a fun experience to work with Charles.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.