LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Rockler is offering the HomeRight Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer for about $70. Home Depot and Amazon have it for about the same price. It's an HVLP sprayer that seems to have it's own little compressor with it. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. The reviews aren't that sterling, but the derogatory ones seem to have thought it was an Earlex 5500. I'm not trying to spray paint with it or do a house. I just want to spray thinned shellac as a sealer. Any info would be appreciated.

· Registered
3,128 Posts
Harbor Freight, Rockler, Wagner, and Campbell Hausefield all have set ups like that. I have tried all but the Rockler. They work very well with water based finishes, and of course the clean up is very easy. I like the CH better than the HF because the gun is a little more robust-more metal and less plastic. Also, the hose attachment is better. The Wagner has a 2 speed blower, which is good, but I don't like the plastic orifice and needle. The others all use metal for those parts.

The Rockler looks identical to the HF version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.