LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
A guy wants to sell me his old 16" band saw. It's an old floor mount. Says the manufacturer's name is "Bird". I've never heard of this brand. I can't find anything on it online.

Anyone ever heard of this saw? Worked with it? Is it a decent saw? Is it worth $200?

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Photos? A description of the saw may help as might photos. I've never heard of Bird tools. Do you have an estimate of how old it is?

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Well! You peaked my curiosity. So I Googled "Bird Saws" and 4th from the top was the Link right back here to Lumber Jocks and your Question. (Google doesn't pay people to advertise on their site for no good reason.)

Right below that was a Link to "Yahoo Answers" and the same question from 4 weeks ago from "sculptorjmbudka" which is the same "name" that connects to your "flickr" photo album as does the Link shown on your "Home Page" here.

Don't know if you've seen them yet, but there were 5 "Yahoo Answers" from 3 weeks ago. Not sure which of those it was, but one person seemed pretty sure that the Brand Name you where looking for was "BYRD TOOLS" or possibbly "BIBB TOOLS".

I didn't Google those names, don't have the time right now. You might like to try those names if you haven't already.

You say in your Post above, that he "Says the manufacturer's name is "BIRD". Did he just tell you that or have you seen the Actual Saw and the Name on it? Also as Mark said Photos and/or a Description would be Helpfull.

Hope this is of some help.

Rick

PS: Also on Yahoo Answers was the Deck Scrubber Question. Get that one solved?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know this is a long time after your enquiry but there is one currently for sale on Carigslist- Anchorage, Alaska.
Type in 'band saw' and it will come right up. Look for 'large commercial band saw $1500' posted on Aug 24.
Looks like a meat saw to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.