LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
From 2009-11-30
This is my bandsaw, and generally speaking I like it very much. built like a tank, all cast iron, etc.

However, no one ever heard about it and it has ZERO footprint on the internet.

I have managed to crack my upper guide and was contemplating replacing it, but I have no idea what bandsaw had guides like this…

any input will be highly appreciated! more pictures below

From 2009-11-30

From 2009-11-30

From 2009-11-30

·
Registered
14,500 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alas, none of the models looks like mine… the weird thing is that I can't find any model plate.
I am not sure its american at all. the logo also looks different than the famous Logan brand that makes lathes.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WayneC probably has it right. he found on another forum a reference than these were made locally in New Zealand. He is probably right… if this is the case, its probably unique design and no chance of getting replacements. i'll check with local engineering firm if they can remake something.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
moshel ,
i'd give carter the post size and
configuration ,
maybe a pick.
without the guard .
i bet they can help .

bandsaws-r-them !

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
I turned up a little history after some detective work. Logan was sold to a company called Houdaille Industries in the 60's, as was Powermatic. So for a while those brands were under the same parent company. Eventually, Houdaille sold Powermatic to aanother company, which, in turn, sold it to Jet. Jet, Powermatic, and Performax are all now owned by WMH Tool Group.

None of that helps you find your guides, though. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.