LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Have not gotten to the finishing stage of a mesquite table yet, but I was testing Arm R Seal top coat on a sample (which looks awesome) and thought - wonder if this will be a problem over epoxy? Didn't test that because I haven't gotten my epoxy yet. I emailed General Finishes and they said if they're small it may be ok but if they are very large there might have a bit of an issue for sticking, and to sand well so there will be a good bond.

Got a lot of cracks to fill in this wood. Has anyone had an issue of Arm R Seal over epoxy? Or, what about tung oil and then Arm R Seal over that?

·
Banned
2,846 Posts
I did 9 coats over Danish oil over west system epoxy. It was in some cracks and knot holes. Came out perfect. Lots of sanding though. It was a large base (sill) in a bay window, sun beats on it, cats run on it and dogs drool on it, so I went overboard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.