LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I went to an antique store today and saw a pair of Keen Kutter planes. One was a KK4 and a KK8. They were in decent shape but both of them will need a good amount of cleaning up and tuning. They were asking for $60 for the KK8 and $65 for the KK4. That was definitely high for the KK4 but the KK8… I'm on the fence. I tried to talk him down but didn't get anywhere. I have a Bedrock 608 so I don't NEED one but I'm not sure if I'll see another one any time soon. Am I being dumb? How many of you would go back for it?

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
The KK model is like the Bailey planes. $60 for the #8 is a decent price if its in good shape. I think $65 is over priced for the kk4 unless its in almost drop dead perfect.

Edi: it seems odd they want more for th#4 than the #8!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know right?! I asked him why the 4 was more, he didn't really have an answer to that question. The 4 was actually in pretty bad shape, the rust wasn't too thick but there was heavy pitting on the sole near the heel. The 8 was in better shape. Thanks for confirming Don, I thought $60 was a decent price. I am used to great prices though, maybe I'm too spoiled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.