LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
428 Posts
After long though and pinched here to save there over a Bandsaw, I have decided to get a G0555LX 14" Deluxe Bandsaw instead of trying to save a few TROUBLESOME buck getting a Sears 14"

I would have to get a Rip Fence and a Miter Gauge for the Sear and chances are I would have to fiddle around with the e=sears to make it cute true.

Seems the Grizzly Company shes some great specials and a lot of free shiiping

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
I have basically the same saw, but the anniversary edition. If you have any desire to resaw at all (which is a good way to save wood instead of planing away a lot of it), get the riser block now.

The stock fence isn't tall enough for resawing, but you can easily add an auxiliary fence to it that's 5-6" tall to make it useful.

The blade it comes with are OK, but nothing special. I believe it's a 3/8" blade? I got a 1/4" for curves and a 1/2" for straight/resaw cuts and it's much better.

Make sure you watch the Snodgrass video on setting it up. It really does work.

·
Registered
383 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.