LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Can Anchor Seal be used to seal the wound on a live tree? I need to trim some branches on my persimmon tree once it's dormant in the next couple of weeks, and I don't want to leave live tree parts exposed to weather and insects.

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
I use that roofing tar from HD in the 1 gal can on live cut edges. Seems to work well to keep the bugs out and prevent rotting. You may have seen that huge oak East of my house missing a lot of big branches and part of the main trunk? Used the black tar on all the cuts 5 years ago. Put a thick coat on.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Andy and mrjinx. Maybe I can pick up some roofing tar from a local roofing company left over from a recent job, or just buy a small quantity from a local blue or orange big box store.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing that experience, Grant. If I had some Anchor Seal in the shop, I'd just run out and read the label!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.