LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the chance to encourage others to try woodworking

This was a fun project with a decent outcome.
Click on the blue text to see the steps we took.

I hope it will encourage all of you to entice someone in your circle to give woodworking a try.

Bob

·
Registered
4,967 Posts

I hope it will encourage all of you to entice someone in your circle to give woodworking a try.

Bob
Nice, Bob! I am a bit embarrassed in that I hadn't considered using my tenoning jig to do mitres. That's a good idea. My wife wants me to get a project going with my daughter and this looks like it would be just the thing.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Bob
It's nothing but a couple of fence boards and some poster paint.
I got the decorations (or rather Linda did) at a craft store and the glued them on.
I gues we could have scrolled them but I didn't want the enthsiasm to bog down right then.
I gave the paint a couple ocoate of lacquer to hold off the invetible weather damage.
Eveybody had fun , even me!
MOT, your kids will remember this all their lives.

Bob

·
Registered
4,119 Posts

Bob
Hey Bob! Why have you become Bob #2? So full of ideas one avatar can't hold em all?
(reminds me of the old saw "If I was having any more fun I'd have to be two people").

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Bob
Doug:

Now that you ask…
A couple of days ago I got a question /compliment obviously meant for the big Kahuna! - Bob Babcock.
I figured it might make it easier to tell us apart.

p.s I was thinking of becoming "potato man" but that could get confusing too. <g>

pps. Roses are red,
violets are blue
I'm schizophrenic and so am I.

Bob #2

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Bob
Great project and opportunity to share your skills. I like the birdhouse village. I think I'll make one just like it this winter. I have a 12' cedar log just begging for a nice house to go on top of it.

LOL…Big Kahuna. Big something ….not sure what though. I think I'll change my avatar to a timberwolf and my name to #2.5 just to really mess things up. BTW…I'd be honored to be confused with you.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts

Bob
just waiting for Bob 2.5v2 and Bob Mark III, then it'll start to get confusing!

I sure remember all the stuff I "made" (and by made, I mean watched) with my grandfather, good memories.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts

Bob
2.5v2. Scott, you are a hoot.
Know how it goes, have gotten mail about Adirondack chairs meant for DougB.
I'll possible have to invent the Adirondack jewelry box (easy to throw your jewelry in, need a crane to get it out).

·
Registered
35,383 Posts

Bob
That is one fine Bird condo I like it very much.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

Bob
Bob,

Nice project! I could just see this in a "high end" gift shop. The color scheme is just great.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Bob
I really enjoyed this project as it got my grandson in the shop along with my wife .
There is a great sense of purpose when you teach someone to do something with their hands.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.