LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Doll pencil post beds

It is the time of the year to start Christmas projects says the wife. So here we go. For our girls's American dolls we need some beds. Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I took them with my PDA. I will post the beds as projects when they are finished.

·
Registered
806 Posts

It is the time of the year to start Christmas projects says the wife. So here we go. For our girls's American dolls we need some beds. Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I took them with my PDA. I will post the beds as projects when they are finished.

nice stuff, This reminds me NOT to show my Niece this project, as she collect American Dolls and has well over 10. I'd never make money, but the joy it would bring her.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Oldskoolmodder, it's all about the joy. Once making it and secondly giving it. But buying this stuff is not cheap either….

·
Registered
18,890 Posts

how wonderful.
I have never seen the American Doll series in person but I've heard about them. Quite the concept - so anything to support children/girls reading the books is a good thing!!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts

Very nice!!! I'm sure they will be enjoyed.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

You got it Debbie, as homeschoolers everything counts as education!

Thanks, John, they sure will!

·
Registered
661 Posts

Those look great! I have two neices that like those dolls as well. Would you care to share dimensions on what you've crafted?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks Robb, give me a couple of days and i will post the dimensions.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some detail on the beds

Making dolls funiture is a mixed batch of first getting excited about using the scrap pile. But when you get going you find out that you are making the same amount of parts as full size furniture.

Below are some more pictures of one of the beds, now with stain. And I included a scetch with some of the mesurements.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Some detail on the beds

Making dolls funiture is a mixed batch of first getting excited about using the scrap pile. But when you get going you find out that you are making the same amount of parts as full size furniture.

Below are some more pictures of one of the beds, now with stain. And I included a scetch with some of the mesurements.

Thanks for posting this! I don't think I'll have time to use it for Christmas gifts, but you never know :).

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some detail on the beds

Your welcome!

These beds have been on my list too long, I need to get them done and go back to working on my house.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some detail on the beds

They look terrific. We had our first child last year in August, and she is getting spoiled already. Your beds are already on my hit list for her. looks like the American Girl dolls are very popular. I'd like to start her collection this year, and they will need a proper place to sleep!

Have you built any additional pieces?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some detail on the beds

Gary, thanks for your comments, but no these beds are the only thing I have mad so far. This said, I think the American dolls are a perfect way to test any life size furniture. Make a scale version before you make the real one, and make it useful at the same time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.