Industrial - NEW ELECTRIC WOOD LATHE -TABLE TOP 40" INDUSTRIAL 4spd (Rating: 5)

I was looking for a starter lathe, and found the website http://www.edmwi.com/home/edm/page_1225_164/new_electric_wood_lathe__table_top_40_industrial_4.html
I was surprised with the price. Only $89. I thought it was too good to be true but figured I would give it a try. I thought if the thing ends up being fake or plastic I can always try and sell it on craigslist.

When it arrived in the mail I was amazing by the size of the box. After opening I was again shocked. The thing is huge, over 4'. I found it was made out of steel and it has a 4 speed adjustment. I am very happy with my purchase and cant believe this was so cheap. Compared to a name brand lathe, such as Jet, I save over $300. If you need a easy lathe and can do large projects I suggest you look at this.

Shipping box Flooring Floor Wood Package delivery

Flooring Floor Urban design Tints and shades Wood

UPDATE for usnadad.

usnadad requsted that I post a photo of explain how the speed changers looks and works. It's rather easy. just moving the belt manually from one wheel to another. Much like you would a bike chain. Here is a photo.
Door Fixture Gas Audio equipment Wood

Also here are some photos of the lathe in action. It worked great for my first turning project.

Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Gas Vehicle door

Wood Gas Machine Bumper Metal

Table Wood Floor Automotive exterior Flooring