LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
If anyone is interested in about 300 bd ft of black walnut that has been air dried in a shed for years, I have a contact for you. A good farmer friend died recently and his widow and the family have started cleaning out the farm buildings. She asked me what the wood would be worth and I gave her a couple ideas. Most of it is 1 1/4 thick and 10 or more inches wide, rough sawn. With that thickness and width I suggested $3-4/board foot.

I told her I would post something on Lumberjocks for her and send anyone interested her way. She lives on a farm in far south central Minnesota. If you are interested, contact me through Lumberjocks and I will give you her phone number and name. I will try and find out if it is free of twists and warps.
Jon

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is one interested party that I'm waiting to hear back from. If he declines it is still available. Here are some pictures taken by the owner. Not the highest quality but it sure looks like they stacked it nice.

Wood Composite material Stairs Pattern Tints and shades

Wood Gas Hardwood Grille Bumper

Wood Automotive tire Composite material Gas Hardwood

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks like some very nice stock - probably not far from where I'm at in SW MN. Really wish I had the kind of money on hand to pick it up (if it's still available) and have myself a good stockpile of walnut, but the most I'd be able to scrounge up right now would most likely be only $200 to $300 - far from a fair offer…

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dan,
The wood is still available and it's a beautiful 2 hour drive from the south side of town. I can usually get from here to the 35W/35E split in a little under 2 hours on the interstate. The farm where the wood is located is about six miles outside Fairmont.

If you're interested email me at [email protected] and I can give you some contact information for the owner of the wood.
Jon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.