LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a jet closed stand jointer (JJ-6csx) and cannot get the infeed table high enough. I turn the crank on the infeed table and it will only go just past the 1/8 mark. Lubed the threads, but cannot turn it an more. Could the blades be set high? I bought it used and have never changed the blades

Brian

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a scale only on the infeed table. Cranks work independently from each other. Drew is that what you meant by both directions? I can crank the table down, but just cannot get it high enough and the last turns of the crank is very stiff and hard to turn.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a scale only on the infeed table. Cranks work independently from each other. Drew is that what you meant by both directions? I can crank the table down, but just cannot get it high enough and the last turns of the crank is very stiff and hard to turn.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry if you assumed i had a Jet jointer, I own a bridgewood model. Mine has a pin that clicks into a hole on the in-feed table only when the table is at the 1/8" marker. Its a round knob right on the front of the scale that you just pull out and crank the wheel until it passes 1/8". I'm looking at pictures of your jointer and cannot see the pin mine has for a stop. You can see the knob in this picture of my jointer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
No problem Brian, I think the stop is there to keep you from making to large of a first cut. It's easily bypassed so I assume its there more as a reminder instead of a true safety feature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.