Empire - TopSaver (no number) (Rating: 5)

Some time ago, and without going into details, water got onto the out-feed table of my PowerMatic 60 long bed jointer. I use TopCote (now made by Bostik) on a regular basis to protect my tool tops, but it didn't help prevent the rust or remove it. I was able to get the "red" rust off with steel wool and Boeshield T-9 Rust and Corrosion Protection. However, a black/gray stain remained which I couldn't get off. This stain is shown in the second picture above.

Recently I learned about a product made by Empire and call TopSaver that is advertised as a "Rust Remover/Lubricant/Surface Sealer/Conditioner" and "Removes and inhibits corrosion and rust." Sounded good, so I ordered some on the long shot that it might remove the black/gray stain that is an irritant every time I use my jointer.

Surprise! As you can see in the third photograph above, the use of a little elbow grease with a Scotch Brite pad and the Empire TopSaver removed the offending stain. There remains some evidence of corrosive pitting which you can see if you look closely in the third photo.

Over all I'm extremely pleased with the product and will keep some on hand for any future eventuality.