LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
I recently purchased a 50" Accusquare Fence. The front guide is 70". The table top is 20". I have two 12" cast iron extensions, one on each side. I also have the two original 10" sheet metal extensions. The questions that arise are: "Should I put both 10" extensions on one side or one on each side? ... If so, which is my best choice.", or "Should I would it be best to just make a new 20" or two 10" MDF, melamine covered extensions as is suggested in the installation instructions."

Thanks,
Francis

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I went to the "Woodworking Show" here in "St.Louis" (it was actually at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville IL) yesterday and posed the question around. I wasn't totally supprised at the plethara of responses. For the most part my query was met with the question; "What kind of work will you be doing?" I quickly learned that there is no "standard" (maybe that's why I received so many responses :) ), however the majority of the responses were set around the fact that the saw is a 'Left Tilt". The end result is that I will be going with the melamine extension on the right, ( well, eventually, so that I can get the fence installed and get my tablesaw back in business I'm going to stick the sheet metal extensions in and replace it once I get the time.

Francis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.