LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner

a1jim the planner is our friend

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  a1Jim 
#1 ·
a1jim the planner is our friend

well I'm going to tell ya ll about a special friend…been with me from the beginning and i assume to the end…my friend can be loud and can leave a blue cloud and words that seem to be part a of a dream,my friend is intimate most of the time its always stripping and in public thats a crime so i think we should just take off the vail…and see my friend the one who can whail…...ahhhh yes my planner..the head dude in the shop..hes taken ugly wood and made it so when you see it it ya just want to drop…..your thinking how can such beauty be hidden in there…...and its all just happened being exposed to the air….colors of black and tones of green ,change the way it looks….just makes ya want to scream…..my planner does it all…three blades spinning fast….taking layer and layer…and revealing its past….started as a seed droped from his mother tree…then feed with sun and rain…...more branches it has gained…..the magic inside is what makes it all fun….cus one day my planner will show what all of his friends have done…..the bark starts to go and we get just a glimmer…..the light hits its grain and we begin to shiver…things like birdseye and all the strange shapes…the grain runs in patterns….and they all look so great….seeing inside of this beautiful tree, this is what my planner does for me..i get it gray and brown with nails and dirt..and its all like a body builder when they take off there shirts…..the ooowwws and wows and amazment are all seen…..the planner is what has revealed this dream…..yes hes loud and allways takin it off…..but the beautifull wood is worth all the cost….this is pretty long…and its late at night…..ill see it in the morning and discover my fright…....was i sober when i wrote this all…..yes i was…...and i had a ball, SO A1 JIM HERE IS YOUR POEM AND SERVED WITH A GRIN….WATCH WHAT YA ASK FOR CUS I HAVE LOTS OF TIME….AND AS FAR AS I KNOW…WRITING ISNT A CRIME…....grizzman

See less See more
#3 ·
HEY LARRY, HOW IS THE INTERNET WORKING FOR YOU…....your boards are so fantastic..i wish i lived down under for a bit..would like to hang out and watch ya do your thing….. i hope your business does well in this economy…i imagine if the priceing is right,,,then they should sell, but sometimes its hard to figure how and what folks do when it comes to spending…...here's popin a cold one to ya…....i'll stay with diet coke…har…..

#4 ·
this is a great poem

but im wondering what you mean by planner

is it the person in your shop that plans out all your jobs

or is it the machine that planes all your timber to a beautiful dressed shape (its funny how you strip it down to dress it)

Hooky

#7 ·
you can see the horrors of late night postings….....its a machine…and my spelling is that of a kindergardener….....PLANER…....NOW the red might be cool…....AND HEAVENS NO…..jim is not stripping in the shop…....oh i had this feeling when i pushed the post button…...im going out to the shop…where i shall plane some ugly wood into beautiful wood…...is anyone watching…...im makeing something….

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.