LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
A lot of watermelons are grown if fields in my area.

Last year we had a driver of a watermelon bus (Converted school buses with the windows and above cut off and seats out to carry watermelons from the field to the wholesale buyer).

They stopped by the toy workshop and we gave the driver a cold bottle of water and they gave us about 20 watermelons. This kept up all summer long.

Why there were always some watermelons in the bottom of the bus after unloading, always caused me to wonder. They were not split or cracked.

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
I read about a study of watermelon waste and it's use to make ethanol for fuel. There maybe as much waste in a field of melons as there is some sold. Cracked and ugly melons that get left in the field. Any dear or critter put a tooth mark on a melon skin and it's left to rot.

And when it's time to get the field ready for a new crop, Cut everything down and prepare for a new crop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.