LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· In Loving Memory
229 Posts
Playable!

Daniel wanted to get back to his friends pretty badly, so last night we got the electronics installed (with some pain), and broke a string stringing it up, and there's a lot of tweaking left to be done, but it was playable:

Need to lower the bridge, file the edges of the frets a little better, verify that we've got the electronics properly installed because the volume knob was doing less than we expected, and spend some time tuning, tweaking the bridge head position and possibly even filing the sides of the frets, but it's mostly there.

And at 6:40 this morning, in the rain, he caught the bus back home.

Similar content at my personal web site.
Nice little Video, cool to hear how it sounds.
I have only followed your blog a little bit, I like the guitar I think you did a great job on it.
I will say I do not like the head stock now, as I see it in the video it looks kinda large and out of place, under the tuning pegs it seems like to much space.
Maybe you could open it up a bit or scroll saw or inlay a bad ass name in mother of pearl or something.
Just a thought and I am not putting it down at all you did one hell of a job on it.
and besides I KNOW NOTHING!
P.S.
I just went back and checked out your blog a little more and I wanted to say that it was a great blog and great and useful things you showed in it. Thanks!

· In Loving Memory
229 Posts
Playable!

Daniel wanted to get back to his friends pretty badly, so last night we got the electronics installed (with some pain), and broke a string stringing it up, and there's a lot of tweaking left to be done, but it was playable:

Need to lower the bridge, file the edges of the frets a little better, verify that we've got the electronics properly installed because the volume knob was doing less than we expected, and spend some time tuning, tweaking the bridge head position and possibly even filing the sides of the frets, but it's mostly there.

And at 6:40 this morning, in the rain, he caught the bus back home.

Similar content at my personal web site.
Hey Dan, like I said I think it is a great Guitar!
I know what you mean about teenagers! If he likes it leave it!
It was just my random, backwards looking in thought's:)
I have never built a guitar, I have refurbished a few and destroyed a few LOL!
If I was you I would be very proud of it!
Thanks and Merry CHRISTmas!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.