3M - Personal Safety OV/AG/P100 Professional Multi Purpose Respirator (Rating: 4)

I bought this today, after I knew I was going to do a lot of sanding. I've been using the paper masks for a while and I hate them. I hate how the paper ones make you breath hot air and are really stuffy. I also hate how they never fit right.

Opening 3m Respirator was easy and it was easy to assemble. All you have to do is attach the filters. There is two head straps on the respirator. The top one starts off as one strap but splits into two and cradles your head comfortably. The bottom strap has a quick separator in the back for easy on and off of the whole system. A real plus!! Also, breathing through the mask it like you are breathing without a mask on. Not the stuffy feeling you get with paper masks.

I was harshly sanding some plywood on my drill press and was making some smoke. I could not smell it at all! I later went into the house for some lunch and I could smell the smoke on my cloths, but not until I took off the mask. I also painted a little tool box for my son today. I started painting without the mask, but as soon as I put it on the smell went away.

This would get a five star except, while I was sanding, a couple of drops of condensation from my breathing leaked out of the mask onto the wood. I fixed that by shaking out the mask every once in a while. I would give it 4.5 stars, but I can't.

If you hate paper masks get one of these.