LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I recently cleaned out my father's basement and came across a few gems to add to my toolbox:

1. Miller Falls Eggbeater Hand Drill (possibly 2B or 2D model 1922)

2. Stanley No. 78 8IN Bit Brace

3. Rapier 10 (Gateshead England) Sliding Bevel Gauge. Looks exactly like the Stanley No. 18

4. 16oz Claw Hammer (No Markings)

I also recently bought these sweet tools from JimBodeTools.com:
1. Miller Falls 772-10 10" Bit Brace

2. Irwin Carpenter's Set (13 auger bits, medium screw & in Borechest - DM)

I searched the Net for the 10" Sliding Bevel but thus far have found no references to it other than it looks just like the Stanley No. 18. Any light you can shed on this is much appreciated.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can't shed any light, but that auger set is gorgeous!

·
Registered
22,923 Posts
Those are some nice looking tools. I just finished restoring a MF #2 drill and I love it. I think you may be off on your date. From what I've been able to find online, they had the LRCC wheels, or friction rollers, until 1938 which is when they switched to the idler pinion. I don't see the friction rollers on yours so I'd say it's post 1938. It is an awesome user though if you're so inclined.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the response ForestGrl & HokieKen. I appreciate the correction of the date on the hand drill. All these tools are being used and perform exquisitely. The hammer handle had a varnish finish but i scraped it off and sanded it to 150 grit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.