LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I took the day off work to install my Clear View Dust collector.
About 4 hours later it is running. (I did everything alone)

Sky Snow Building Window Shade

My shop

Plant Building Wood Snow House

This is the lean against roof that I built last year all around my shop to store my lumber, where I am going to install the Clear View.

Wood House Plank Hardwood Wood stain

I made and I installed the support bracket. I used 6×3/8 lag-bolts

Table Wood Gas Engineering Machine

This the 5HP motor and the impeller, this assembly is very heavy.

Musical instrument Wood Idiophone Hardwood Shade

The motor and impeller are installed, Doing it all by myself was a real job ( I am over 63 years old)

Wood Gas Fluid Engineering Machine tool

This is the impeller housing

Wood Hardwood Beam Flooring Tints and shades

The impeller housing is instaled

Gas Engineering Machine Wood Metal

This is the cyclone itself
Gas Drink Glass Barware Wood

The cyclone is installed

Building Gas Wood Cylinder Machine

Now the filters are installed.
Test, It runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Jealousy headed your way! I had decided that Clear View cyclone was the tool of choice for my shop, but that decision puts off the purchase a couple years until I can afford it. Your install looks neat.!
DanK

·
In Loving Memory
10,077 Posts
Hey Bert, We're the same age so I can relate. Good job on the install and it runs pretty quiet. I can just barely hear it from my place. LOL

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice job, Bert! I installed mine by myself several years ago and it was a wrassle! That motor is really heavy. Do you plan to enclose your cyclone? The noise you can't hear in the shop may be heard by the neighbors. If you do be sure to allow as much space around it as you can to make it easier to service the filters. I used 3" rockwool batts in 2×4 studded walls with the inside surface not covered. The batts stay in place by themselves. I also insulated the doors the same way. It makes a big difference.
I plumbed my system with 6" thin wall PVC, which worked out very well.

Congratulations on finding such a good deal on a wonderful tool. You will love it!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Paul, where do you get 6" thin wall PVC?
Noisy it is. Inside the shop it is OK but outside it is very loud.
Yes., I shall enclose it
"3" rockwool batts" where to get this stuff?
Home depot?
For return is I plan on making a large opening in the wall and to install a fan
(may be just cheap box fan) and a grill, the issue with that it that the noise is going to come in the shop also.
May be I need to devise like a baffle to let the air in but stop the noise as much as possible, any idea how to make that?
I also have to make and install a start/ stop remote controlled with for this thing, any idea about that?
I also need to modify a trash can and to make and install an alarm.
While I am at it I also want to move my air compressor in this space.
I sold my " total make over" HF dust collector yesterday.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Awesome, I was looking fwd to seeing this and you did not disapoint. Great job and working alone at times can be hard way to man up LOL …This will serve you well for yrs to come.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.