LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He took this picture of this carving in a museum over seas somewhere and I thought it looked so good I took a picture of his picture through my computer. Then enlarged it. Then after I posted it on another wood site I did feel bad for this was his thing to carve but after I enlarged the picture I thought I would change a few things
Wood Sculpture Marine invertebrates Art Facade
from the original picture and see how they would look.
One week with using a Dremel and a cheap pistol grip angle air grinder with 1/4" bits I was ready for some very light tints on a few places
Plant Insect Pollinator Moths and butterflies Art

Wood Floor Art Facade Sculpture

Like all my other carvings its maple.
Now I am going to push the button just once and see how many pictures gets loaded????

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He took this picture of this carving in a museum over seas somewhere and I thought it looked so good I took a picture of his picture through my computer. Then enlarged it. Then after I posted it on another wood site I did feel bad for this was his thing to carve but after I enlarged the picture I thought I would change a few things View attachment 3860772 from the original picture and see how they would look.
One week with using a Dremel and a cheap pistol grip angle air grinder with 1/4" bits I was ready for some very light tints on a few places View attachment 3860774

View attachment 3860775
Like all my other carvings its maple.
Now I am going to push the button just once and see how many pictures gets loaded????
I did forget to say the scroll saw was used for cutting the big hunk of wood in to small pieces so I could hold them in my hand while carving and its 1 1/16" thick

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
It is very satisfying to be able to find a design you like and render it as a complete carving. You've done a wonderful job. Here is a similar design I found in a book of patterns by Lora S. Irish:

Wood Creative arts Art Natural material Relief

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is very satisfying to be able to find a design you like and render it as a complete carving. You've done a wonderful job. Here is a similar design I found in a book of patterns by Lora S. Irish:

View attachment 3860873
Phil I just took a picture of it and if you done mind I might give it a try since I have almost caught up with wife needing wood frames or things to hold her stained glass goodies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts