LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I do like your product and I am glad you found Lj's, but I think the Lj community would be more welcoming if you paid for ad space rather than starting a forum topic in support if a business that you are a part of. That kind of thing is somewhat frowned upon here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! Thanks for all the responses. First, let us say that we are not pushing our product to this community. We are interested in learning more about woodworking because this site is one of the highest redirecting sites to our site. We want to see how people are using aluminum in conjunction with woodworking. That's it.

Good luck on your next project and let us know if we can help.

Thanks,
80/20 Inc

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think your product is great and am planning on contacting you and other companies in regards to pricing for builidng a table saw fence out of 80/20 and also for building a t-slot miter saw measuring system. I am really surprised by all the negative comments from some of the members here.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Right

T square fence is what 8020 is really interesting for here.

It's been done, but it's expensive, and has some issues. I personally think the brake you have isn't anywhere near what we would want, and the bearings needed for a T square fence, rather than fence supported on front and back, is either real expensive, hard to get on and off, or don't hold accurately. A part that formed the T square, including the bearings, with a better brake, that wasn't very expensive, would mean two lengths of extrusion, that part, and we have something we can size to our tables.

The thing to remember is that for $150, we can get a real T square fence. It has it's limitations, and needs some futzing to go on many table saws we have, but it works well. The big issues are that the rail length isn't big enough for many and the fence itself could be much more useful if it was like an 8020 extrusion.

ps
I do have a WHOLE LOT of 8020 in my 4' x 4' CNC router. Great stuff.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Though I have no opinion about presenting one's self here as a product advisor, I will say that 80/20 and other modular aluminum extrusions and accessories has solved many fabrication problems in my shop. It's no less related to woodworking than a discussion about Rust Removal, eBay, or any other loosely connected topic that most of us enjoy on Lumberjocks. My 80/20 home-made rip fence on my table saw is just plain awesome.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have used 80/20 materials in my shop, and I welcome you !!!!!
I think having some one like this here to answer questions ,and such is GREAT !!!!!
We already have representatives of many companies here,and maybe,some, will put adds here, and that will benefit every one

·
Banned
2,646 Posts
Junior, after the warm welcome he recieved he probably figured it was time to bump it on down the road. If I were him I probably would not have felt all that welcome.

It is too bad because 8020 can be very helpful for many of us in our shops with jigs, fences and home made CNC routing. I am very interested in learning more about their product as it relates and enhances my woodworking experience.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.