LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner

30 projects in 30 days

76468 Views 110 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  oldnovice
intro

Off and on, over the past few years I had the idea to try to do a series of projects over the course of a week or so…. like 12 Christmas ornaments in 12 days, or a bunch of pens leading up to graduation time…. I've been pretty good about getting set up to make a bunch of pens, and then not having enough free time or energy to do anything about it… or conversely, having the idea a wee bit too late, and then totally forgetting about it until it was too late again the next year. Sound familiar?

This year we're taking the homemade approach seriously, past years were good intention, but with my wife out of work since last spring, there's no flexibility. Luckily my daughter has a great imagination and my wife and I have some creative ideas… but I digress.

During the process of getting my shop in order for a bunch of homemade Christmas presents I found that I had lots of pen kits just waiting to be made into something beautiful and useful…

Then I remembered the challenge idea, and checked online for ideas, and found a website where artists, writers anyone really can sign up, link their blog, and take on a 30 projects in 30 days challenge. The main goal wasn't to fill your shelves with tons of projects, but rather to force yourself to be creative everyday. Whether or not you think you have the time, you'll force yourself to be creative everyday, and in the process, you might find yourself taking your work in a new direction, or at least develop your abilities beyond where they'd be in a year or two from now if you just casually plodded along whenever time, energy (and the pull of the accursed TV) allow.

So, I have all these pen kits in the basement, I'll make 30 pens in 30 days!... But alas I only have 26 kits, and now I'm kinda into the 30 day idea. So I'll make pens and bottle stoppers! Yeah, that's the ticket. I'll have really nice gifts for everyone, and (thanks to the pen trading swap) I can do this all for free (or rather by only using money I'd already spent.)

Ok, now I know the spirit of the idea is just to practice your craft, and build up your skills and creativity… and I'm adding in the additional challenge of coming up with 30 "gift quality" items… well, pens still are quick, and if I have to make two a day to get one good one, time-wise that should still be OK. Besides which I'll be done on Dec 1st, and will still have 3 weeks to make or repair anything else that gets put on the list. No Problem.

no. Problem. Over the past year, between Christmas, birthdays, and a slew of cousins, nieces and nephews graduating, I've already gifted quite a few pens. Sure I can give more… but I can't really give the same thing two years in a row.

If only there was a way I could sell or trade these with friends, without coming out and having to "sell them", or put them on eBay and cross my fingers. Even though I've had a couple of fine art shows about ten years back (and had moderate success with them) friends and family (except for Mom) never seem to remember that I'm available for hire for interesting and unique gifts - often (cause I'm a sap) for pretty cheap.

Then I remembered reading about a "painting a day" auction that several painters came up with a few years ago. The idea was that they would spend about an hour painting a small canvas and market it to everyone on their mailing lists 24 hours in advance of a very short eBay auction. Most paintings sold for a bit over $100 in a matter of minutes. Most sold out, being collectible one of a kind pieces, that in turn allowed these artists to earn a fairly good living, and still have time to work on larger commissions that might take months if not years to sell.

Ok, how to adapt this idea… A Ha! take advantage of the viral marketing of social networking sites like Facebook, and give my friends (real and online acquaintances) the opportunity of taking part in a semi-private auction, where they can support a friend, and up-and-coming artist, and get something nice for themselves or to gift, that they might not otherwise be able to afford at a higher end art/artisan boutique.

What a win-win. I have the opportunity to get plenty of practice at my craft (without breaking the bank or flooding myself with pens) and my friends (the real ones at least) get to keep their money local. (and I won't have to give my six-year old a pair or matching ball point pens for Christmas. But look honey, it's bubinga!)

I'll be posting the projects here, after I get the ball rolling on my Facebook page. This is a "business page" so anyone on Facebook ("friend" or not)can view it (it might even be viewable by the general public). http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wilton-NH/Blanchard-Creative-Woodworking/32878627365?ref=s

if you're one of the jocks already on Facebook, check out the page, and come along for the ride… or set up a site of your own, and join me with your own 30 day challenge! I'm starting November 1st. Who's with me?
See less See more
61 - 80 of 111 Posts
week three in re-view

new photo… but it otherwise looks about the same as the beginning of the week, eh?

If only work was more considerate of my personal time plans. I had to head off to the wilds of Boothbay, Maine this week. The good news is I was gone and back in one trip. The better news, I "had" to stop by Woodcraft on the way there. The bad news, I couldn't exactly get any projects done in the hotel room, so I just read turning magazines. I say hotel, twasn't quite that… barely a step up from camping really. If there's a cheaper room, they'll book it. Ah, the joy's of not getting a per-diem. Good seafood though.

Anywho, I got a good jump on the past several days worth of projects last weekend, and tomorrow, in addition to actually posting them, I'm back on the 30 projects in 30 days horse. Gotta get crackin', only 10 days left. - it's not like I get an extension or anything.

The long and the short - it's looking like 30 projects in 25 days, but at least I have a few projects to try that I didn't have last week.
Well done
week three in re-view

new photo… but it otherwise looks about the same as the beginning of the week, eh?

If only work was more considerate of my personal time plans. I had to head off to the wilds of Boothbay, Maine this week. The good news is I was gone and back in one trip. The better news, I "had" to stop by Woodcraft on the way there. The bad news, I couldn't exactly get any projects done in the hotel room, so I just read turning magazines. I say hotel, twasn't quite that… barely a step up from camping really. If there's a cheaper room, they'll book it. Ah, the joy's of not getting a per-diem. Good seafood though.

Anywho, I got a good jump on the past several days worth of projects last weekend, and tomorrow, in addition to actually posting them, I'm back on the 30 projects in 30 days horse. Gotta get crackin', only 10 days left. - it's not like I get an extension or anything.

The long and the short - it's looking like 30 projects in 25 days, but at least I have a few projects to try that I didn't have last week.
I thought you had been quiet for a while. It is unfortunate that hotels will have pools, spas and gyms, but no woodshops. Where's the customer service there? It's good to see you back and moving forward.
week three in re-view. redux

Happy Solstice and Happy Fathers Day!

Whether it's the first day of summer or winter, it's a great day to fire up the grill.
June 21st. Three weeks in. Just about 3/4 of the way through this challenge.

The week took me away from the shop, so most of these projects were done on two weekend days. While it would be nice to get busy and coast through the rest of the month, I think I'll just take it one at a time (especially if it's going to be as rainy as they say.)

To date:
seven pens, seven rings, two bracelets, one napkin ring, three stoppers, one foot massager
two bowls, a garden waterer/composter, and one secret geocaching project.

...with nine days to go.
See less See more

Whether it's the first day of summer or winter, it's a great day to fire up the grill.

The week took me away from the shop, so most of these projects were done on two weekend days. While it would be nice to get busy and coast through the rest of the month, I think I'll just take it one at a time (especially if it's going to be as rainy as they say.)

To date:
seven pens, seven rings, two bracelets, one napkin ring, three stoppers, one foot massager

...with nine days to go.
Your jewelry so beautiful. I must do this!

To date:

...with nine days to go.
keep up the great work!
you are certainly making better headway than I am!

To date:

...with nine days to go.
I'd LOOOVE to see your jewelry Todd.

I may have done more projects, so far, Darryl, but you've already worked waaay more pieces of wood than I will all year. ;)

To date:

...with nine days to go.
are you telling me that you aren't going to cut 2400 pieces of wood this year??

...wow, I guess when it's typed out like that it does seem a little nuts!
Nightmare on Wall Street

I've posted two Wall Street twist models recently, and tonight I tried my hand at a click version of the same pen.

Tonight for project #24….

First up was cocobolo, a lovely brownish striped wood, when turned it looks purple and orange, and returns to rich browns when exposed to air and finished with oil… at least it normally does. - this piece is half caramel and cocoa, and half… umm, fruit stripe gum. If it didn't brown at all, it'd make a nice pen for a student or teacher at my Alma Mater. Purple, Purple, White, White, Go Panthers, let's fight!

so…. while this pen turned beautifully, was sanded - hand sanded - to 4000 grit (Sandpaper to 2000, then Micro Mesh from 1500 to 4000), then buffed to a glass finish… I have to set it aside to see what, if anything I can do with it. Glad I bought a bag of extra tubes. I can still make another attempt or two for this the kit, and just toss this one.

Then I tried this piece of cherry (one of a kind piece, you might say), turned great, one little chip out, that I thought I'd have to patch in a repair piece (drilled fine, chipped when squaring the blank) but I was able to make a near perfect repair with superglue and fine sawdust. Yay!
So I started putting the pen together. Looks good, but only seems to click from out, to way out. why won't it retract? was the mechanism jammed? take it apart, put it together, repeat.

repeat…

repeat.

Ok, did I cut the wood too short? oops, I used the wrong tubes. Why did they sell (or seem to sell) only one size of replacement tubes under the Wall street label? (the wall is not organized in any discernible pattern that I can make out.) My bad for not using the ones in the kit, but I was expecting them to be the same (replacement tubes for the cigars and euros have always been just right…. now what to do.

I can't scrap this piece… it's, umm, a special piece of cherry.

Can I trim some of the mechanical pieces in the pens inner workings? probably, but that might cause more issues…
I suppose I can go back to that "add on a top piece" idea I thought I'd have to do anyway.

Luckily I was able to dismantle the pen so I could glue on another tube and fit on some more wood to lengthen it. I did have to destroy the top of the pens mechanical parts to do it (which is fine, as it turns out the second bag I bought was missing a piece or two, so I haven't really wasted a kit… I just can't return the shorted one anymore… as it'll be missing about 1/2 of the kit. Oh well, spare parts are never a bad thing.)

so, second blank from the left (sanded to 1000, MM to 12000, buffed then treated with BLO, Friction Polish) assembled, dismantled, remounted, turned down just a bit to go into another piece of cherry, tubes glued together within said piece of cherry… and left til later.

These could, should have been projects #24 and 25 in the 30 projects in 30 days challenge. I didn't say I have to complete 30, just set out to make them. Of course I still expect to make 30… but at least this is allowing me (as I figured) to try out some new things. I was sooo careful with the turning and finishing, assembly couldn't have been easier either. Just can never tell when you're not paying attention until it's too late… but If tomorrow takes a turn for the better, it may not be too late.
See less See more
Nightmare on Wall Street

I've posted two Wall Street twist models recently, and tonight I tried my hand at a click version of the same pen.

First up was cocobolo, a lovely brownish striped wood, when turned it looks purple and orange, and returns to rich browns when exposed to air and finished with oil… at least it normally does. - this piece is half caramel and cocoa, and half… umm, fruit stripe gum. If it didn't brown at all, it'd make a nice pen for a student or teacher at my Alma Mater. Purple, Purple, White, White, Go Panthers, let's fight!

so…. while this pen turned beautifully, was sanded - hand sanded - to 4000 grit (Sandpaper to 2000, then Micro Mesh from 1500 to 4000), then buffed to a glass finish… I have to set it aside to see what, if anything I can do with it. Glad I bought a bag of extra tubes. I can still make another attempt or two for this the kit, and just toss this one.

Then I tried this piece of cherry (one of a kind piece, you might say), turned great, one little chip out, that I thought I'd have to patch in a repair piece (drilled fine, chipped when squaring the blank) but I was able to make a near perfect repair with superglue and fine sawdust. Yay!
So I started putting the pen together. Looks good, but only seems to click from out, to way out. why won't it retract? was the mechanism jammed? take it apart, put it together, repeat.

repeat…

repeat.

Ok, did I cut the wood too short? oops, I used the wrong tubes. Why did they sell (or seem to sell) only one size of replacement tubes under the Wall street label? (the wall is not organized in any discernible pattern that I can make out.) My bad for not using the ones in the kit, but I was expecting them to be the same (replacement tubes for the cigars and euros have always been just right…. now what to do.

Can I trim some of the mechanical pieces in the pens inner workings? probably, but that might cause more issues…
I suppose I can go back to that "add on a top piece" idea I thought I'd have to do anyway.

Luckily I was able to dismantle the pen so I could glue on another tube and fit on some more wood to lengthen it. I did have to destroy the top of the pens mechanical parts to do it (which is fine, as it turns out the second bag I bought was missing a piece or two, so I haven't really wasted a kit… I just can't return the shorted one anymore… as it'll be missing about 1/2 of the kit. Oh well, spare parts are never a bad thing.)

so, second blank from the left (sanded to 1000, MM to 12000, buffed then treated with BLO, Friction Polish) assembled, dismantled, remounted, turned down just a bit to go into another piece of cherry, tubes glued together within said piece of cherry… and left til later.

These could, should have been projects #24 and 25 in the 30 projects in 30 days challenge. I didn't say I have to complete 30, just set out to make them. Of course I still expect to make 30… but at least this is allowing me (as I figured) to try out some new things. I was sooo careful with the turning and finishing, assembly couldn't have been easier either. Just can never tell when you're not paying attention until it's too late… but If tomorrow takes a turn for the better, it may not be too late.
Sounds a bit on the frustrating side. But, I'm glad it's not just me who has issues with 'click' type pens. I've tried a few and can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong, so I set them aside. I know I feel better. ;-)

Tomorrow (or today as the case may be) is always better. Just ask the little orphan girl Annie.
Nightmare on Wall Street

repeat…

repeat.

Yep, some days you're the hammer, some days you're the thumb.

Tonight I cut the tube down to rough length, and (re)glued the little piece on top of the slightly too short tube.
I tried squaring it up separately with the pen mill on the lathe, and holding the wood with vice grips. (I think I saw the idea in a magazine) but couldn't get it perfectly square. will try it the proper way once the glues dried and I have one solid piece to work with.

then fingers crossed!
round II, in review

So I had a little company this go round, (Thanks Darryl and Russel!) I hope a few more join the next attempt in November (It's a great way to stock up on some Christmas presents!

Had a good time, made some new things I'd never tried before (which, essentially is the entire point of this creative challenge), and with the past 40 or so days of rain we had, I certainly wasn't missing out on any time in the garden or at the beach.

To that end, I have to say this time was a lot easier, even considering an unexpected week away for work. I entered this month with a bunch of pens prepped, but not as many as I had last November, and ultimately I didn't use all of them. I think I have 4 or 5 ready and waiting.

I said I was only going to try to get 30 projects done, or rather attempted. If one failed, then it was a learning experience, and not a punishment to then have to make something else…. I had few failures, and in the end, I just went ahead and made more projects just the same.

I set aside one cocobolo blank - that was more purple stripes than the cocoa browns it should have turned to, but given a few days to rest, the color is evening out. Like a fine wine or cheese, some pens just need to age too. If it's looking good when I pick up another pen kit, all I'll have to do is assemble that one.
I also have a third attempt at an Osage Orange Root pen, and as with the other two times last Nov., at one point or another in the process, the blank cracked.

The first cracked during assembly due to glue residue that wouldn't clear out of the tube. (lesson learned, don't use Gorilla glue (with rubber in it) for pen blanks - great for other stuff, but not for getting in (and out of) pen tubes. Twas pretty otherwise, so it became a good pen to keep in my work coat. After a year, the crack worsened. The second cracked when drilling, and ultimately became the Blood Orange Platinum Cigar. Lots or repair techniques learned and applied this go round.
This time I had no trouble with the drilling, but with the squaring up…. I turned them down, and pared off the bad part. - couldn't fix with CA, no worries I know what to do. If only I could choose what to pair it with.

I also have a few ring blanks ready to turn. Mostly matching the glue ups of rings I've already turned. I didn't see the point to turn two rings of the same combination of woods. But if I get a request for another size I'm all set.

I also have the bracelet portion of the bowl I turned for the last project. I had more fun turning that little bowl than I would have with all the sanding to finish the bracelet… so I set the rough bracelet aside and finished the bowl.

The first week, and a little bit before hand, I had fun looking through magazines, and online for a few project ideas. I have a few print outs and articles bookmarked for a bunch of things I never quite got around to making (or finishing).

I find It funny that after knocking off so many projects, between things that need fixing, things I've started, and holdovers from before this adventure, I have nearly another weeks worth in the works, if not close to done.

After last Novembers challenge, I knocked off a few Christmas projects, but otherwise took a bit of a break (to get the shop in order) and starting in Jan, I decided to challenge myself with a project a week. Anything - a shop project, boxes, turnings, jigs, anything.

Come the middle of Feb I was still on track to do actually maintain that schedule, but our attentions turned towards looking into selling the house, and things had to get put on the back burner. Of course, I got a few kitchen things done, and really improved my shop storage… but the 52 in 52 idea was lost. As of now, it looks like I might have actually caught up, if not even moreso!

I hope you've had as much fun keeping up with our projects this month as we've had making them (if I may speak for Darryl and Russell). And if anyone wants to give it a shot come November, I'll be throwing my hat in the ring for a three-peat.
And if you don't wanna wait, September hath 30 days as well… but I'll be sitting that month out. Twice a year seems about right for me. I'll be happy to watch and cheer you on though!

A look at the last weeks worth:

The final tally: 32 projects!
14 pens, 8 rings, 2 bracelets, 1 napkin ring, 3 stoppers, 1 foot massager
3 bowls, a garden waterer/composter, and one secret geocaching project.

...with nine days to go.
See less See more
round II, in review

So I had a little company this go round, (Thanks Darryl and Russel!) I hope a few more join the next attempt in November (It's a great way to stock up on some Christmas presents!

Had a good time, made some new things I'd never tried before (which, essentially is the entire point of this creative challenge), and with the past 40 or so days of rain we had, I certainly wasn't missing out on any time in the garden or at the beach.

To that end, I have to say this time was a lot easier, even considering an unexpected week away for work. I entered this month with a bunch of pens prepped, but not as many as I had last November, and ultimately I didn't use all of them. I think I have 4 or 5 ready and waiting.

I said I was only going to try to get 30 projects done, or rather attempted. If one failed, then it was a learning experience, and not a punishment to then have to make something else…. I had few failures, and in the end, I just went ahead and made more projects just the same.

I set aside one cocobolo blank - that was more purple stripes than the cocoa browns it should have turned to, but given a few days to rest, the color is evening out. Like a fine wine or cheese, some pens just need to age too. If it's looking good when I pick up another pen kit, all I'll have to do is assemble that one.
I also have a third attempt at an Osage Orange Root pen, and as with the other two times last Nov., at one point or another in the process, the blank cracked.

The first cracked during assembly due to glue residue that wouldn't clear out of the tube. (lesson learned, don't use Gorilla glue (with rubber in it) for pen blanks - great for other stuff, but not for getting in (and out of) pen tubes. Twas pretty otherwise, so it became a good pen to keep in my work coat. After a year, the crack worsened. The second cracked when drilling, and ultimately became the Blood Orange Platinum Cigar. Lots or repair techniques learned and applied this go round.
This time I had no trouble with the drilling, but with the squaring up…. I turned them down, and pared off the bad part. - couldn't fix with CA, no worries I know what to do. If only I could choose what to pair it with.

I also have a few ring blanks ready to turn. Mostly matching the glue ups of rings I've already turned. I didn't see the point to turn two rings of the same combination of woods. But if I get a request for another size I'm all set.

I also have the bracelet portion of the bowl I turned for the last project. I had more fun turning that little bowl than I would have with all the sanding to finish the bracelet… so I set the rough bracelet aside and finished the bowl.

The first week, and a little bit before hand, I had fun looking through magazines, and online for a few project ideas. I have a few print outs and articles bookmarked for a bunch of things I never quite got around to making (or finishing).

I find It funny that after knocking off so many projects, between things that need fixing, things I've started, and holdovers from before this adventure, I have nearly another weeks worth in the works, if not close to done.

After last Novembers challenge, I knocked off a few Christmas projects, but otherwise took a bit of a break (to get the shop in order) and starting in Jan, I decided to challenge myself with a project a week. Anything - a shop project, boxes, turnings, jigs, anything.

Come the middle of Feb I was still on track to do actually maintain that schedule, but our attentions turned towards looking into selling the house, and things had to get put on the back burner. Of course, I got a few kitchen things done, and really improved my shop storage… but the 52 in 52 idea was lost. As of now, it looks like I might have actually caught up, if not even moreso!

I hope you've had as much fun keeping up with our projects this month as we've had making them (if I may speak for Darryl and Russell). And if anyone wants to give it a shot come November, I'll be throwing my hat in the ring for a three-peat.
And if you don't wanna wait, September hath 30 days as well… but I'll be sitting that month out. Twice a year seems about right for me. I'll be happy to watch and cheer you on though!

...with nine days to go.
OUTSTANDING!

I aplaud all of you who are attempting this challenge. My hat is off to you.

Congrats and what an early finnish!

Scrappy
round II, in review

...with nine days to go.
Awesome you and Russel have far exceeded the 30 in 30.
round III... TBD

So, of late I've been wondering if I should start gearing up for another 30 days challenge in November. Prep some stock, glue ups and make lists of ideas (which makes the most sense). or rather be lazy and enjoy the nice fall weather, and just wing it come November.

Well the fates have answered in the form of getting an offer on our house! Closing date mid month. Yay, we get to move! Crap we have to move.

Needless to say I have a whole new set of challenges and logistics, not only moving house, but also moving shop. At least my wife doesn't question the value of a huge pile of hardwood, including such gems as this Walnut milled back in the 50's

and just a bit of oak from the 50's

So, that said, I'll be bowing out of next months 30 days challenge - hopefully not to the disappointment of friends and family hoping to snag a few special Christmas presents (though I still have a few things left on Etsy!). We'll likely also be bowing out of a few other scheduled events as we look for boxes to fill, and a place to move said boxes in short order.

Though this time were not as picky with our choice of digs… A shop, with two bedrooms and whatever kitchen and family room that comes with. (And yes my wife has my shop high on the list!!!!) Maybe there will be enough left after closing for a nice new tablesaw, if thats not pushing my luck ;)

in the meantime, anyone willing to pick up the challenge and let me live vicariously?
See less See more
round III... TBD

So, of late I've been wondering if I should start gearing up for another 30 days challenge in November. Prep some stock, glue ups and make lists of ideas (which makes the most sense). or rather be lazy and enjoy the nice fall weather, and just wing it come November.

Well the fates have answered in the form of getting an offer on our house! Closing date mid month. Yay, we get to move! Crap we have to move.

Needless to say I have a whole new set of challenges and logistics, not only moving house, but also moving shop. At least my wife doesn't question the value of a huge pile of hardwood, including such gems as this Walnut milled back in the 50's

So, that said, I'll be bowing out of next months 30 days challenge - hopefully not to the disappointment of friends and family hoping to snag a few special Christmas presents (though I still have a few things left on Etsy!). We'll likely also be bowing out of a few other scheduled events as we look for boxes to fill, and a place to move said boxes in short order.

Though this time were not as picky with our choice of digs… A shop, with two bedrooms and whatever kitchen and family room that comes with. (And yes my wife has my shop high on the list!!!!) Maybe there will be enough left after closing for a nice new tablesaw, if thats not pushing my luck ;)

in the meantime, anyone willing to pick up the challenge and let me live vicariously?
well isn't that exciting, scary, daunting, panicky….. and overall good news!
A new shop.. hmmmm no basement dungeons I'm assuming.

Congratulations and best wishes for finding a lovely new abode and for a smooth move
(oh-and your gardens-I hope you get a beautiful garden location as well.
round III... TBD

Best of luck with your move Scott.It's always exciting and challenging starting over in a new place.
round III... TBD

congrats on selling the house!
...and no, I'm not falling for your 30 in 30 trick again!!
best of luck to anyone brave enough to stand up to this challenge!
round III... TBD

Scott I'd kind of hoped that My projects would be in your next 30/30 challenge.
round III... TBD

Karson, that was the plan… if not sooner.
Fear not, the lathe is the last thing I'm packing!

as I start clearing out all the burnables, and stuff to donate/sell… I suppose there is no harm in doing a little glue up, and well, if something ends up on the lathe… I need a little Zen in the coming month don't I?
round III... around the corner

Ok, the snow is still falling, but the temps are rising - so to speak. We are coming out of winter, and I'm thinking of putting the new - still not as of yet set up - shop though its paces. Its looking like a 30 projects in 30 days challenge this April or June.

I'm shooting for April, hoping that allows me enough time to get the barest essentials unpacked and set up. I just dug out some chisels for work yesterday! The sharpening station on the other hand… not ready for prime time. I suppose I can get to the table saw and mitresaw. The shopsmith is 95% assembled, but the bandsaw is DOA. Well, not dead, but in need of major TLC. I also have a "coupon" for a drillpress, dated last Nov. to cash in.

I'm also hoping for a few weeks of nights to plan out some great projects - though I suspect with my recent (renewed) interest in the pages of Make magazine. that not all of my projects will be entirely wooden ;)
I also have 5 "pay it forward" gifts to crank out, and an overdue Christmas trade gift to make. - that, and a pair of overdue bowls for Karson takes care of one week!

Of course history shows that I'll probably get things up and working as needed, and I'll just spend the next 30 days putting off getting ready. So to that end, I won't intend to make and complete a project a day, but have a body of work of 30 projects started, and completed, in 30 days. Interestingly, the photographing and blogging was always the hardest part.

Anyhow, I've survived the move, and an eager to get back in creative business. Nothing like going from 0-60, (if not 120!) Well, wouldn't be a lumberjock otherwise ;)

Stay tuned for details, photos and lots of sawdust!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wilton-NH/Blanchard-Creative-Woodworking/32878627365?ref=sgm
See less See more
61 - 80 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.