LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I saw a blog post about the 2009 Texas furniture show over on finewoodworking.com
http://www.kacckerrville.com/texasfurnitureshow.html

I am thinking of attending it this year its not to far away from me Houston to Kerrville.

Has any one attended before? after a search here i see that tenontim has been a frequent contestant in the show as well as a winner

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
I wish that I could visit the show. I have seen articles on the past entries and there is some top notch work to be seen there.

You will have to go and report on it for us.;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was fortunate enough to have been one of the furniture makers at the Texas Furniture Makers Show last year. My Nanny Rocker won the Peoples Choice Award. The entries are juried and selected so the show as furniture from the contemporary,traditional,Texas style, and whimsical/art furniture categories. An award for an apprentice furniture maker is also included.
The show only considers furniture produced in small shops. No mass produced furniture is allowed. We have some very talented Texans at the show.
I will have two pieces at the show this year. I can not wait to see what else will be there. I hope you can attend this years show.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.