LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just wondering what the solution is to find a offset wrench for the shaft nut under the collet on my Bosch router.
In a cabinet, when raised up, I can't get under the collet nut to hold the shaft.
Any solutions?

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Hey Duckster,

If you can't find the wrench you need, one solution is to buy (or you might have one) a 16 mm wrench, take it to a welding shop (or do it yourself if you have a welder), have them to heat it and bend it at the angle you need, and that should work….If you can get the proper angle you're in business….I take it it only uses one wrench…..All my routers takes two….Just an idea…..Good luck, bud….

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I might try that if I can't find one. It takes two. One for the shaft and one for the collet.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Did you check with Bosch to see if they have the wrench (s) you need…? My table saw takes 2 wrenches…one straight, and one off-set…...So I understand your predictment…..An offset wrench shouldn't be too hard to find….just finding the right size might be….That's why I said you may have to make your own….

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Like Rick said, but you could simply cut off the business part and weld it back on in an offset configuration. A good place to get a wrench to do this with (assuming you don't want to spoil a nice expensive one), is at the pawn shop. They usually sell them for .50 to $1.00. I've made up several specialty wrenches this way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looked all over for a similar solution and found it by accident at Lowes. They have a pair of offset bosch wrenches for $20.00 on their website for $20.02 with free shipping. They work great on my router table.

Website Info:
Bosch Offset Router Bit Wrenches (Pair)
Item #: 442042 | Model #: RA1152
Offset Router Bit Wrenches (Pair)

Allows easy bit changes on routers that are installed in router tables
Includes 24mm collet wrench and 16mm shaft wrench
Comfortable drop-forged design
Works with Bosch MR23EVS-Series router motors and 1617-18-Series router motors

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.