LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,646 Posts
I just now got the planer we bought last month into service. We bought this last month but our truck was broken. We did a tune up on it and finally went and picked up the planer. Then the planer sat on the truck for almost a week until I found 3 other guys to help me unload it. When I first seen it operate, it was almost as loud as my dewalt which to me was sort of disappointing. But oh well I thought. The guy I bought it from gave me a brand new set of blades that he just never got around to installing so I installed those brand new blades. The old blades did look fairly worn. Then I used the planer with the new blades and wow what a difference it both the finish on the wood and also the noise. It is much quieter with the new blades installed. Well, now I am excited because this week we will be building 19 dovetail solid maple drawers and I thought the planer would come in handy. Very excited.

Jerry

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
I hope your experience is as good as mine. I have had my Jet planer for several years and it is very reliable.

It does a nice job, but no matter how good it is tuned up the finish is not as good as the smaller 12" DeWalt planer provides.

I most often rely on the Jet for major milling and the sanding machine or 12" DeWalt planer for a finer finish.

·
Banned
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That must be a nice luxury to have both planers. I did like my dewalt but we sold it to help fund the Jet plus in our small garage shop we did not have room for both. We are moving to a larger shop soon but I am not sure that I would ever make use of the smaller planer. I will just use the jet combined with our drum sander.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.