LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
I was standing in line waiting to check out at Lowes today and wondered if everyone on Lumberjocks knew that Lowes offers a 10% discount to past and present military members, retirees, reserves and, I think, National Guard. All you need to do to qualify for the discount is present some form of identification that shows you are/were in the service (if nothing else, your DD-214 should suffice).

Jim

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
Thanks for the info, Jim. I did not realize that Lowe's would do this. I certainly will have to try this the next time I am in there (probably will be tomorrow since it seems I am in there 3 or 4 times a week).

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geez, David - they ought to give you 25% :)) Couldn't resist since you left yourself wide open for that (besides, I can resist anything except temptation!).

Jim

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Greetings Jim:... I didn't know that either. I'll check it out also at our local Lowes here, since I'm retired military. I have my i.d. with me all the time, cause I can go on any military base in the world. Thanks for the heads-up.

David…. thanks for the snow report yesterday. We haven't got any yet, so far.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have found that between my AARP and retired military cards, I can normally get a discount just about anywhere. UPS gives a 10% discount on shipping with an AARP membership, but won't give you squat if you are retired military. Go figure? Verizon Wireless gives me 15% off for retired military. I have found that many chain stores offer either a military or AARP discount, but don't advertise it. I always ask, and if the clerk is not sure, I ask for the manager.

All of us card-carrying old people should be allowed to stack all our "longevity" cards on the counter and get 50% everywhere we shop….

·
Registered
59 Posts
I get Lowes 10% coupons at the post office. They give to new home owners, but you can ask for them (the usps employees are tight with them). HD will accept the Lowes coupons. Even with an old receipt. Not sure if that means you would get 20% off or not. Could try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.