LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm currently making the false fronts for 4 dresser drawers, which will be painted. The opening dimension is 30" wide by 7.5" tall, and my rails are 1.5" thick and the stiles are 3" thick, both made with 3/4" maple. i've already routed a 1/4" groove on all rails and stiles, centered, and now need the panel in the center. I was planning on using 1/2" ply for this panel - does this make sense? is it strong enough? I have a handy piece laying around of 3 layered ply. I thought i'd ask b/c i was thinking that the tongues around piece would be only about 1/4 thick (which would be about 1 and 1/2 layers worth of material.) THink this will last? the drawer pulls will go right through the ply and into the drawer so i can't imagine too much recurring stress on the tongues - although the final piece will be in a kids room, so will get knocked around a bit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.