Here is a unique project that I came up with. I took a 12 volt landscape lighting fixture, ordered a longer stem that matched the original (48") and built a wooden base for a floor lamp. I housed a 120 to 12 volt mini transformer in the base. I have it plugged in to a timer so that it turns...
These plant hangers make great giveaways…especially during Spring season. I copied this pattern from my neighbors plant hanger and made a couple of spare templates from 1/4" hardboard. Now their a snap to make. They hold 4 6" clay pots perfectly.
I made a cards & dice box to give to my brother-in-law when I visit CT in August. I used red oak with walnut splines. Left it natural except for three coats of brushed on polyurethane and a shot of paste wax. I added a California quarter to the lid.
Thanks for looking.
I made this bass speaker cabinet at the request of a friend. Most of my projects don't require plans and a cut list but I was able to use them in this case. There are 45 biscuits, so I cut 90 slots hoping that everything would line up correctly. Started with a 5×5 sheet of 1/2" Baltic Birch so...
Made this for a birthday gift, used Redwood with Golden Pecan stain and brushed on Spar varnish. I made the heart w/arrow template in Microsoft Word. I learned some things while cutting out this first one, but I think it will still be appreciated.
My coworker asked if I can make a shot glass display case. Naturally I said "Yes". Well better late than never. I milled everything down from 3/4 stock that was from cabinet shop cutoffs. Finished it tonight. It actually looks better than my photography shows.
This rolling sander cart is handy in a small shop. Added locking casters for portability. Joined with Pocket hole screws, wood screws and biscuits for the drawer. Wood was free and some from the scrap bin. Drawer face is laminate flooring.
Here is a clock that I made for a friend to restore an original that fell from the wall and broke into pieces. The original had a plastic housing. Fortunately the glass, clock mechanism and decorative columns all stayed in tact. I used Poplar for the top, bottom and sides; Birch ply for the...
Just a few things I made for family and friends at Christmas. The second picture is a simple version of candle holders degoose posted a while back. The third pic is an idea from Houtje using up small scraps and cutoffs. The clock was made for my nephew's girlfriend's parents.
As normal, that...
It's great to know people who enjoy a glass of wine now and then…It makes this project really economical. I made this trivet using wine corks, pine trim, 1/4" plywood and felt feet. With some minor router work to give it some form. I have several more in the making.
I made this plant stand out of pine and stained it with Minwax Cherry stain. This was my one and only attempt up to this point for mounting a tile into a solid table top. Also my first shot at the taper jig. I used pocket hole joinery for a speedy assembly.
Here's a specialty project that came about when a friends BBQ grill blew over in a heavy wind. The original plastic handle broke so I made a replacement out of Redwood. Added a light coat of Cherry stain and some Spar Urethane. Good as new!