Hope Chest for Daughter #2 #9: gluing up panels with the new clamping cauls

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Mainiac Matt posted 10-12-2016 01:52 AM 823 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 8: Back at it... Part 9 of Hope Chest for Daughter #2 series Part 10: Panels Cleaned Up »

Got a couple hours in the shop tonight. Sorting boards to match grain, color and shade, and then put together the first of several panel glue ups.

It’s been >1 year since I joined and planed these, so I gave each board a quick rip on the TS to straighten the edges. The Fusion blade gave me a very clean cut that was ready for glue.

First time using the new cauls (posted as a project some time ago if anyone wants to see more info) and they worked very well. I can hardly feel a seem between the boards.

Of course, I’m a glutton for punishment, so I put in #20 biscuits anyways…. primarily so I can say to myself “I didn’t waste money on the biscuit jointer after all”

Fun, fun, fun :^)

-- Matt -- I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics