LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner

Project Information

My neighbor mentioned that he could not find exact replacement molding for some rotted molding on his Victorian home. I cut out the section and recreated on the lathe. It was a fun project but difficult to match the existing. I ended up finding advice on here to turn one feature on the pieces at one time then kep rotating them on the lathe. This helped me create the 23,spindles more easily. Also used a story stick for initial measurement as shown in the 2nd pic. The project took about 5 hrs to complete the spindles and rails on a five foot section.

Thanks for looking please provide feedback or questions.

Gallery

Comments

· Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Nice work.

Good neighbors do things like that for each other.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Cabmaker thanks that's the name I couldn't remember for the write up. It was a fun project but would not want to do a house worth without a duplicator. 23 was enough for me on the first try.
 
Top