This computer lap desk/ tv tray/ stool project turned out ok according to my eight year old daughter. You can see that the original top was and incredible piece of mesquite that now lies in two pieces. The reason is that the original design was to lay the mesquite top between the two legs and support it (along the grain) with the two bloodwood runners. It lasted about two hours into Christmas morning until it broke when she sat on it. Now I see it was set up to fail just like those boards the karate people break. Design correction was to reduce the height of both legs so the new top could be supported on the cross grain ends (plenty tough). The next problem is highlighted in picture four. Yep, broken brass screw. Had to drill out around it, shove some bloodwood and glue into the hole and hope for the best. Picture five shows the gap between the legs and the case bottom. It turned out the I measured several times wrong and cut anyway. Since I had already done the dovetails on the bloodwood runners, I decided to leave the gap. Finally, the last picture shows that the overhang on the right (which is the back) is greater than the left (front). In addition to that, the top sits a little cockeyed on the legs and runners. Oh well. Again the woods are recycled roadside table for the legs, bloodwood for the runners, stair tread oak for the case bottom, and santos mahogany for the top. Wipe on poly finish.