LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner

Project Information

The wife wanted some wall decorations to match the sheet set so I picked up a quarter sheet of MDF and went to work with the band saw.

I cut the shapes freehand to match the shapes in the baby blanket and I think they turned out pretty well. After sanding them smooth Kimi went down and picked up 4 paint sample cans she color matched from the blanket and went to work painting them.

I used my router to cut keyhole slots in the back (my wife actuallly TOLD ME to buy the router bit!) and we hung them on the wall over the crib.

Its a simple project, but the wife and everyone who sees them thinks they're the cutest thing ever, so I guess it worked out well. We'll see how the baby likes them in about 3 weeks :)

Gallery

Comments

· Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Looks like a fun and quick little project to add the finishing touch to the nursery.

I like the idea!
 
Top