Not really a wood project but it will be able to make some really cool projects in the future. I picked up this lathe from a nice gentleman for $150. It was really dirty and had a fair amount of rust and needed to have bearings replaced. Over the past several days I completely disassembled the lathe and using electrolosis removed the rust and wire brushed every inch. I then primed the bare metal, one of the benefits of electrolysis is paint removal, and painted with Rustoluem smoke gray. The planks that the bed and motor are attached to are the originals. They were really dirty and beat up pretty bad. I ran the edges over the jointer and then surface planed them to clean up the surfaces. I then sanded them to 150 grit and applied 3 coats of Deft lacquer with a wipe down of 0000 steel wool between coats. The bearings in the headstock were replaced as well as a new belt. Motor bearings were also replaced and while the motor was apart it was painted as well. I am hoping that it was last another 50 years and I can hand it down to my kids. Thanks for looking.