LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Project Information

I got volunteered by the wife to make something for a silent auction to benefit one of the girls at her work that has breast cancer. I had about 2 weeks to make something. I have seen these openers around the internet and have always wanted to make one. I picked up some walnut and maple and glued it up. then I cut them to size and drilled in holes for the magnets and screws. I sanded it down to 320 grit and BTimmons put the chamfer on it before finishing. I 5 minute epoxied the magnets in and finished with 9 coats spray on poly. I sanded in between coats after I had 3 coats built up. I then installed the opener after dry. I am pretty happy with it since it is the first project I have built in 5 years. I would choose to finish it a different way next time. I am not impressed with the poly finish.

Gallery

Comments

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Looks good! I'll have to admit….kind of takes me back to the days when soft drinks came in bottles. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I have been drinking quite a few sodas out of bottles lately it is not dead yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,362 Posts
Great looking bottle openers! Like the wood combo and the finish as well. Great cause and great job!
 
Top