This ornament was part of an experiment this year, I wanted to see how far I could take a Christmas ornament. I tried all sorts of things including color, segmenting, glitter inlays, and of course hybrid casting. The other objective was to practice finials and hollowing. Several of the ornaments weigh around 1.5 oz or less with the heaviest coming in under 3 oz. I started out by placing all of the leftover colored pencil pieces from previous projects (I never throw anything out) into a mold, filling with resin, and placing in a pressure pot. After unfolding, I drilled a 7/8" hole through the center and took it to the lathe for shaping and hollowing. Then I turned my attention to the finial using a piece of curly maple that was pretty nice but I felt it needed more, so I dyed the finial blue. I am pretty pleased with this piece overall. Leave your $0.02 below in the comments. Have a happy holiday!