The wife wanted a coffee table so this is what I tossed together. The top is walnut bordered by birds eye maple. The dutch-men are tiger maple, with the base being sycamore. I had posted this online to get a few opinions about the table and what I was seeing fellow LJ's pointed out as well. The top was to thin. So all I had left in the shop was some wormy walnut, that's is what I used. I think it came out better. I made the base with mortice and tenon construction. The top was 3 pieces of maple glued together. The base was then pined with dowels t the top. I rubbed it down with teak oil then BLO. Three coats of shellac were then applied. I will let it sit for a week and may apply a final coat of lacquer.