Well I saw everyone else adding their new chessboards so I thought I would join the crowd. Of course, it is cherry & walnut. A strange tabletop model stands a bit tall for that but I think it works. The pieces are also walnut & cherry. A pain in the backside getting the castle & knight sanded in the walnut. That pitting walnut likes to do when you go across end & long grain. I used a spray on lacquer for the first time so that I wouldn't need to deal with brush marks. I polished it with Micro Mesh disc's & finished that with auto machine glaze polish. I'm getting some white showing up in the walnut top, not sure why. I don't remember putting a wax on, it was a whole 3 weeks ago that I finished it. It might be the glazing polish. I think the next one will be with legs.