I got this idea/design from another project on LJs (http://lumberjocks.com/followyourheart/blog/19359) and added my own little tweaks. I only used three, but wider, back boards (as opposed to four on the other project), I turned the mirror so it was square, and didn't cut any dados; I felt the small shelf was plenty sturdy without them. I also added a few wrought iron nails (seen in picture 3) for decoration only. They couldn't even hold a feather, so screws were used to attach the cross bar and shelf to the back boards (picture 5). Today, my girlfriend and I finished it out by making and mounting the rabbeted frame for the mirror and putting the wire on the back for installation. It's being donated to a Chinese auction our small town is holding. Critiques welcome… thanks for looking!