This was a challenging project for a relatively novice woodworker. I designed everything in Sketchup, built in my garage, and then installed in my basement. Cabinets are made with melamine sheets from Menards. Faceframes are poplar. Doors are poplar and MDF. The Walnut top is made out of 30 year old leftovers a semi-retired pro gave me after cleaning out his shop attic (Thanks Lee). Also, thanks for letting me use your giant planer for this slab. I built a false back behind the TV so that I could run all of the wires, and because I didn't quite have enough walnut to cover the entire depth (problem solving!). I made all of the corbels on the top trim and learned quite a few routing techniques utilizing templates (also note bottom of upper cabinet doors). I used Waterlox Original and then Waterlox Satin Finish for the Walnut Top. I primed everything with BIN shellac based primer, and I sprayed on Ace Hardware Cabinet Door and Trim Alkyd Hybrid Enamel Paint for the cabinets. Overall, it was a great learning experience and one I'm proud of. I'm also glad to be done with it.