LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Project Information

This is an Old engine bell that we were able to recover as a gift. I did not have the mounting hardware for the bell, so I had to improvise. I laminated some 2" construction stock for center of the base. on top of that I mounted a 1/2" piece of plywood. I used a drill press to drill through the plywood and down into the center mass for 1" dowels to give it plenty of support. The bell probably weights about 25 - 30 lbs. The bell is just sitting on top of the two wooden dowels (it rings nice!!). then I just used some chair rail molding and flipped it upside down, and finished off the profile with a bit of quarter round. It was finished with old masters gel stain over a light seal coat (cant remember the color at the moment) glazed with a darker gel stain and finished with waterlox original sealer, Oh and I almost forgot to mention that the bell had to be re-chromed. Enjoy!!

Gallery

Comments

There are no comments to display.
Top