LumberJocks

PMG Public Telephone Box MK 2

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by robscastle updated 08-29-2021 06:28 AM 4 parts 3436 reads 28 comments total

Part 1: PMG Public Phone box No 2 Vented flag 1950 era Pt 1

08-25-2021 07:57 AM by robscastle | 6 comments »

You may have seen the one I made in 2015. well I had a request for another last week. No problem I will knock one up lickity split however I did a wheels up landing when I went to get the construction notes. Guess what nil records kept so here I am 2nd week i and i have almost competed it. I made it from common pine, I was going to use Red Ironbark and make a polished wood version but it will have to wait, a scale model was requested painted red, and i have no intention of even th...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Making the roof and base

08-26-2021 06:33 AM by robscastle | 9 comments »

Once I had the three walls and door done it was time to work on the roof. The roof: Its a four sided roof pitched to the center for a vent design.Rather than repeat the process with compound miter cuts using ply as the first one I got a little smarter and opted for a solid timber version via the table saw. made the four cuts at 20 deg part way through to the vent section all round I then set the saw back to 90 deg and used thesaw height dept setting and fence to...

Read this entry »


Part 3: Painting, Windows and part assembly

08-27-2021 01:38 PM by robscastle | 8 comments »

I need red on the outside au de nile on the inside and concrete effect for the concrete base So the plan and sequence is brush and mottle the inside fit the windows and rattle can the outsideBrush the concrete pad the after everything is finished cut to size and fit the front door Looks like I didn’t take any progress pictures of the internal green and black mottle effect but check the above picture for a visual explanation. i used a paddle pop stick dipped in black paint ...

Read this entry »


Part 4: final assembly and dimensions

08-29-2021 06:28 AM by robscastle | 5 comments »

All that was left to do was cut the front door to size and fit it , not forgetting to do dimensional checks for No 3 in 2026! So lets get it finished The entrance door was cut down vertically attached with a piano hinge and the paper on the acrylic removed.the windows were fitted into the recesses and I used a hot glue gun to fix them in the recess on all four corners.A little sanding an beveling to get a smooth open and close. This picture is not sideways BTW even if it l...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com