Outside Venting

Review by jmac1020 posted 07-22-2016 01:05 PM 5339 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Outside Venting No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

The picture posted by Ty is almost exactly the way I have my system set up. I have the exhaust connected to a standard 4” dryer vent and due to the Super Dust Deputy, I would say the dryer puts out more lint than my dust collector puts out saw dust. These are fantastic! I’ve seen many set ups, but using a short piece of 4” hose to connect the SDD to the trash can is the way to go for ease of can removal. I’ve seen guys (and gals) come up with all kinds of methods to take the pressure off the lid, when all they really need to do is take ALL THE PRESSURE OFF by connecting to two items with a hose and then emptying the can is a breeze.

View jmac1020's profile

jmac1020

4 posts in 1985 days

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

#1 posted 07-23-2016 05:06 AM

Venting outside would take all my AC away but if this does not factor into your situation keep doing it

This summer it has been too too too hot I need all the AC I can get

View fivecodys's profile

fivecodys

#2 posted 07-25-2016 06:14 PM

Can you upload a few pictures for us to look at?
I like the idea of venting to the outside.

-- A bad day woodworking is still better than a good day working.

View Shawn Masterson's profile

Shawn Masterson

#3 posted 07-30-2016 02:07 AM

Venting outside is great as long as you don’t have to be concerned with the negative pressure drawing a draft from wood stoves or other gas appliances.

View tynewman's profile

tynewman

#4 posted 07-31-2021 02:35 AM

I love my setup. I don’t have and AC so in the summer the door is open and pulling air in is a great thing. In the winter I have a wood burning stove and I do have to crack the door when I use the dust collection or I start pulling smoke in. I wouldn’t change my setup though

-- Ty