questiong about air hose

  • Advertise with us
Review by trt58 posted 04-05-2015 04:01 PM 4352 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
questiong about air hose No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

is there a adapter so you can use the compressor but have a smaller sprayer for art work , so i’m asking is there a adapter for the air hose to go smaller

View trt58's profile


1 post in 2035 days

6 comments so far

View dawsonbob's profile


3830 posts in 2642 days

#1 posted 04-05-2015 04:52 PM

If I understand your question correctly, you’re asking whether you can use an airbrush with this unit. I wouldn’t think so, because this is a high volume, low pressure unit. An airbrush generally require somewhat higher pressure.

Hope that helped.

-- Mistakes are what pave the road to perfection

View Grumpymike's profile


2469 posts in 3202 days

#2 posted 04-05-2015 07:36 PM

in a word, nope.

dawsonbob is right, your mixing apples and oranges

-- Grumpy old guy, and lookin' good Doin' it. ... Surprise Az.

View BinghamtonEd's profile


2298 posts in 3256 days

#3 posted 04-06-2015 02:14 PM

Soooo, can you post a review of the unit, since you gave it 5 stars?

-- - The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.

View Richard's profile


11310 posts in 3920 days

#4 posted 04-08-2015 10:28 PM

I realize that you’ve only been on here for One Day when you Posted this. Have you actually used this spray gun? If so. How well or bad did it work. That’s what “Reviews” are for.

This “question” would have been better off in the “Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories” Forum. You might have also gotten more replies in there.

My answer to your question is NO. It’s too High Powered for what I think you want to do with the smaller hose.

-- Richard (Ontario, CANADA)

View Albert's profile


543 posts in 4476 days

#5 posted 04-11-2015 02:28 PM

Yes, I think you can but you would probably need a pressure regulator to adjust the amount of air. An adapter could be made from hose clamps and a reducer such as

there are many sizes available for most applications such as yours.
An inexpensive regulator can be found at Home Depot by the air compressors.
Hope this helps, I THINK it is what you are asking about, it is worth a try with the airbrush but keep in mind the above comments make a point you might not have enough pressure.

View SWIDon's profile


12 posts in 2882 days

#6 posted 04-18-2015 12:46 PM

I would say with almost certainty that it will not drive an airbrush. An airbrush requires between 30-40 psi to operate properly and the glorified vacuum cleaner in the pump unit probably only puts out 5-6 psi. I wouldn’t attempt to run my airbrush on my earlex machine due to lack of pressure. You need a compressor not a turbine unit to run an airbrush or a can of air. They make little compressors just for airbrushes that are not very expensive ~$40. They probably will not run an air nailer (some only generate 40 psi and have no tank) but they are very small, portable and usually quiet.

Since this is a review. How do you like the HVLP unit?

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics