Some seriously slippery surfaces.

Review by BennyG posted 01-22-2014 06:46 PM 4346 views 3 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Some seriously slippery surfaces. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This product is used to lubricate any surface in the shop where drag and hang ups across in feed/out feed tables, fences and the like are problematic. Used in place of silicone or other lubricants that would contaminate the woods/materials surface and create a build up of lube and sawdust on equipment and machinery.

I have used a similar more expensive product in a few of the larger production shops that I have worked in over the years and have seen first-hand the benefits of using a dry lubricant. Not only does it significantly reduce the amount of force required to move pieces through the machinery and equipment in the shop, it also greatly increases accuracy and most importantly increases safety by not having to “force” material through and across tables, blades, knives, bits etc.

Another benefit is that all of this is done without effecting the surface of the material when it comes time to finish your project. The solvent in PB Blaster’s Dry Lube evaporates almost immediately and leaves a white almost powdery surface. I have had NO finishing problems in my shop after almost 2 years of using this product. It is readily available anywhere PB Blaster product are sold and in my neck of the woods, Northeastern AZ, retails for $4.49 for a 9.3 oz. can at one of the big Home Improvement stores. The other similar product goes for anywhere just under $10 on one of the Big internet retailer to $15 + in some retail shops for a slightly larger 10.4 oz. can.

Give it a shot and see if you notice the benefits I have described. You may find yourself reaching for a can every time you fire up your tablesaw, planer, jointer, shaper, dovetail jig etc. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.

BennyG

-- "Dear Lord, when I die, please let my wife have enough sense to sell my tools for their true value and not for what I told her I paid."

View smitdog's profile

smitdog

#1 posted 01-22-2014 08:40 PM

I’m going to have to check my local stores to see if I can find this. I love all the Blaster products and I was wondering if they made a dry lube. Thanks for the review, it’s appreciated.

-- Jarrett - Mount Vernon, Ohio

View vskgaming's profile

vskgaming

83 posts in 1942 days

#2 posted 01-22-2014 09:06 PM

+1 on PB Blaster dry lube, i use it a lot too. Comes in handy for using in a swivel and pipe vise.

-- VSKGAMING

View JoeinGa's profile

JoeinGa

#3 posted 01-22-2014 10:06 PM

PB Blaster makes several good products. Havent tried this one yet, but I will definitely give it a go.

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#4 posted 01-22-2014 11:49 PM

Going to have to check it out.

Is it a dry Molly?

-- Matt -- I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

#5 posted 01-23-2014 01:31 PM

Hello Maniac, it is a PTFE base or as it is more commonly know, Teflon. Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Regards,

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

#6 posted 01-23-2014 01:59 PM

Yes, good stuff.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

#7 posted 01-23-2014 03:35 PM

Thank you for the review, I shall try it.
Do you use it on your cast iron tables?

View Woodknack's profile

Woodknack

#8 posted 01-23-2014 05:16 PM

I will definitely be looking for this.

-- Rick M, http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

#9 posted 01-23-2014 08:39 PM

B2rtch, pretty much anything that needs some “motion lotion.” The smother the surface the better performance you are going to get.

Sprayaway….........

View woodcox's profile

woodcox

#10 posted 01-24-2014 02:08 AM

Good review. I love this stuff. Another use I have found for it and other dry lubes, is applying it on car window and door weather stripping. It keeps them from freezing. I’m an automotive technician and I fix a lot of broken window regulators this time of year. Post repair I put it on customer’s cars and recommend it for them in the future. I also use it on my face vise screw. No more greasy wood.

-- "My god has more wood than your god" ... G. Carlin.

View woodchuckerNJ's profile

woodchuckerNJ

1310 posts in 1961 days

#11 posted 01-24-2014 02:42 AM

Thanks, that’s a good heads up.
It would be perfect for trunions and other lubes too.

-- Jeff NJ

#12 posted 01-25-2014 12:30 AM

Haven’t noticed it yet locally, but I will certainly look closer in the stores from now on.

Thanks for the nice “time tested” review : )

View hunter71's profile

hunter71

#13 posted 01-26-2014 12:17 PM

Best penetrate I have ever used.

-- A childs smile is payment enough.

View Picklehead's profile

Picklehead

#14 posted 01-26-2014 12:32 PM

I got some based on your review. HD had it (hey, can I get fewer ads now?) but Lowes did not.

-- Quote from ebay tool listing: " Has nicks and dings wear and tear dust and dirt rust and pitting but in good working condition"

#15 posted 01-27-2014 01:48 AM

Wow, more tools for the arsenal

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.